Okay! Hey lovely’s this post is about the Mandela effect. The Mandela effect is the observed phenomenon of people having clear memories of events that did not occur or misremembering significant events and facts. The term grew in popularity after large numbers of people around the world shared false memories of events but is often related to any incident of a false memory. The Mandela Effect gained it’s name after many people mistakenly believed that Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa, died in prison in the 1980’s when in fact he was released from prison in 1990 and lived until 2013 when he died at the age of 95. Fiona Broome, a paranormal researcher, coined the term in 2010 when she discovered at a science fiction conference that many other people recalled the death of Nelson Mandela. According to various theories, the Mandela effect is evidence of implanted memories or parallel universes.
Down below are five of the most popular examples of the Mandela Effect.
5 Examples of the Mandela Effect:
- Oscar Meyer – Oscar Mayer
- The famous hot dog and lunch meat brand is spelled Oscar Mayer but many people recall it being spelled, Oscar Meyer. I for own am almost positive that it was spelled Oscar Meyer because I remember comparing it to a name.
- “We are the champions” by Queen ends differently than what we all believe.
- Many people are familiar with the end of the song being “We are the champions, of the world.” But in all actuality there is no “of the world.” It drives people crazy because they are certain their should be “of the world.” at the end of the song but instead the song just ends.
- “The Berestein Bears” Are actually called “The Berenstain Bears.”
- This is one of the most popular mandela effect debates because hundreds of thousands of people recall the book series/cartoon the berestein bears but if you go back and look you’ll be surprised to see it called the berenstain bears.
- Darth Vader doesn’t say, “Luke, I am your father.”
- While most people recall the popular line from Star Wars being “Luke, I am your father.” the actual line is “No, I am your father.” This is really confusing for me because even though I have never seen Star Wars I remember the phrase being on several other shows such as How I Met Your Mother.
- “Life was like a box of chocolate’s.”
- While most people know the line from the popular movie Forrest Gump as “Life is like a box of chocolate’s.” the line is actually, “Life was like a box of chocolate’s”