Hey lovely’s! Today’s post is one of my favorite post ever on Tales Of A Teenage Brunette because in my entire life I’ve never been on a vacation so it’s important for me to have awesome staycation ideas. When you go back to school everyone always talks about the amazing adventures they went on over summer break and my answer is always the same thing, Netflix. Hopefully this post can not only help me have a great summer but also help you have a great staycation and keep away from boredom.
Before I get started with the actual post I wanted to give a quick shout out to Claire Cramphorn. Her blog is called Chasing Kites In Neverland and you should definitely go check it out. @chasingkitesinneverland has been a very active follower and I’m so thankful for all the likes and comments she’s left on my blog post. So thanks so much Claire I hope that you continue to enjoy my blog. I know I’ve definitely enjoyed your blog post and I hope that one day in the future we can collaborate on a project or post! It truly does make my day to see my followers coming back for more post and liking my post. I love you all. Now let’s get on with the actual post.
- If you know me in real life you’d know that I love Netflix and I always set aside at least the first couple weeks of summer to catch on some Netflix. Especially because all my favorite shows come out on Netflix with the latest reason right as school is ending and of course I always have to start on season 1 of every single show. It doesn’t always come in handy especially when Supernatural has 12 seasons and I’m only halfway threw season 11 and I can’t wait to see season 12 because it’s brand new and Dean Winchester is my man.
- Movie/Game Night.
- A family movie night or game night is not only great for bonding but it’s a great way to have fun with your family or with friends. I know that when I have kids I want to do a weekly or monthly family movie/game night. Family is really important to me and I think it’s great to spend quality time together. I know that many teenagers including myself occasionally don’t want to spend a lot of time with their parents but I don’t want to wake up one day and realize I missed out on all the memories I could have but won’t get to experience.
- This summer I am focusing a lot on exercising, not only that but also on just being healthy. You don’t have to go run a mile every day but going for a walk with your friends or family, or riding your bike for a while is great. Don’t forget to get at least an hour of exercise every day, an hour a day keeps the doctor away.
- Go Swimming.
- Summer is known for swimming and this is on trend you definitely should follow. Some people think that being in water helps you get a better tan, I don’t know if it’s true but don’t knock it till you try it.
- Go Camping.
- I haven’t been camping ever but I think it would be so fun to spend a couple weekends camping with your family, you could even brings a few along.
- Visit Local Historical Sites.
- This summer my family and I are planning on visiting a lot of places in my town because we have a lot of history that we don’t even know about. We have an old jail that people can tour, it’s also known to be haunted and paranormal investigators have even investigated it before. I’ve been their one a couple of months ago and I loved it so I can wait to go away.
- Locally Held Events.
- I know we have a beautiful park in my city that has a water fountain and a little water park and they host movie nights and music nights all summer long and so I’m definitely planning on checking them out because all the years I’ve lived in this town I haven’t been to one.
- Catch Up On Some Reading.
- Usually when you get to summer you abandon reading and all things that have to do with school but it can be fun to catch up on a book you loved from your childhood or read a book that goes with a movie you really want to watch.
- Go To The Zoo.
- Your city may not have a zoo but luckily the city right across the river from where I live is one of largest zoos in the world so I’m super lucky! The zoo is a great place to go to see a lot of animals and also learn new things. The zoo where I live is very interactive, they have a petting zoo, touch tanks, a splash pad, a safari, and a carousel. Zoo’s can be pretty pricey but if your family or you are up for getting a membership or just a guest pass go for it!.
That’s all I have for you today, see you lovely’s tomorrow with another post on Tales Of A Teenage Brunette! Don’t forget to check me out on Twitter @kristanicole13 and on Instagram @krista.nicole.m also I’m on Bloglovin’ @kristanicole13 People always ask me why I have a 13 at the end of my username when I’m 14 years old and the reason is because 13 is my lucky number and I was born on the thirteenth. Thirteen is often viewed as unlucky but it’s not that way for me. See you next time! Bye!