Hey lovely’s! As you can tell by the title of this post, today’s A Girl’s Guide To Life topic is going to be on backpack essentials for teenage girls! I know this may seem late because school just got out but this could work for your purse, for travel, your car, or for anything else you might need the products for. I decided to call it backpack essentials just because I know these things come in handy being in your backpack whether your at school or traveling. Now let’s get on with the post!
- Your Period Survival Kit!
- Having a period survival kit with you at all times definitely comes in handy for all women, but especially for teenage girls because most girls in their teens have irregular periods which means they don’t always know when their period is coming or how long it is going to last. Your cycle can be very unpredictable so it’s important you know all you can about your period, this could involve talking to your doctor or getting on some form of birth control so you know when your period is coming. If you don’t know how to make a period survival kit then check out my first A Girl’s Guide To Life post, The Ultimate Period Survival Kit. Tomorrows post is going to be a period survival kit for school so be sure to check that out!
- Chapped and cracked lips are never fun, they can hurt and sometimes even bleed. A great way to avoid this is to start using chapstick before your lips become chapped, not only will this prevent cracked lips your lips will be soft and beautiful.
- This is definitely a must for me because I don’t eat breakfast until I get to school so my morning teeth brushing gets washed out by whatever I ate. Sometimes our favorite foods can leave a bad smell in our mouths and I don’t know about you but I don’t want to walk around with bad breath. Gum is always a great thing to chew when studying or just to waste time.
- *Disclaimer: Not a replacement for brushing teeth.*
- Hand Sanitizer
- School is basically a big germ pit so it’s great to have some hand sanitizer to get rid of some of the germs so that you can stay healthy and happy. While hand sanitizer doesn’t replace washing your hands with soap and water it is a great supplement when your in class and get to the bathroom to wash your hands.
- Dry and flaky skin is very common and it’s not hard to get rid of. While it may take some time, lotion is a great way to moisturize your skin and keep it soft and smooth. Just like using chapstick, if you use lotion before you get dry skin you can avoid the flaky skin all together. Moisturizing should be a part of your daily routine!
- This one is right up their with your period survival kit. Almost all teenagers have or are going through puberty and with puberty comes sweating and stinky armpits. You should be putting on deodorant every morning before school but if you have gym or even just walk around a lot during the day bring some do with you. You’ll need the D.O. for your B.O., trust me.
- Hair Ties and Brush.
- Brushes are great because we’ve all had times when we put our hair in a cute hairstyle and then it falls out and our hair is left in a tangled mess. You should also have a brush for after P.E. in case you want to put your hair up with your hair ties you safely stashed away in your hand dandy backpack. Hair ties are a must for me because I don’t know why but sometimes I’ll shower the night before and get to the next day and my hair already has started looking greasy or has no volume and I just put it up and keep it out of my face.
That’s it for today’s post! See you lovely’s tomorrow with another post in my A Girl’s Guide To Life series!