Hey lovely’s! So I’ve been working on a story that I’m not going to share with you guys because it’s no where near done, however, I wanted to share with you where I get my inspiration and where you can find yours too. Let’s get started.
- Go People Watching
- This sounds creepy but if you just go sit at a mall and watch the people around you, you will find plenty of inspiration whether it be from the way the walk, talk, or act. I love doing this when we’re at the grocery store because there is a whole variety of different people and you can borrow pieces of their personalities for your characters.
- When I’m writing or looking for any creative inspiration I love to just sit outside and breath in the fresh air because often times it gets my creative juices flowing and I’m usually able to get a few pages, sometimes an entire chapter written.
- I do this all the time. Anytime my sister or brother say something that I think would sound great coming from one of my characters I write in down in a google document so I have it when it’s time to write.
- Obviously you can’t paraphrase an entire story and claim it as your own but I love to read a book when I can’t think of any ideas because for some reason it inspires so many plot ideas for stories. Pick up your favorite book and I almost guarantee that you will come up with at least two or three ideas for your own story.
- Old stories.
- I love to re-read some of my old stories because often times they actually have good plot lines that I can find a way to incorporate together and make an even better story.
- Music helps so much because it gives you an escape from the outside world and you can really look deep into your brain and find a great story.
- I love this one because I almost always remember my dreams and I love to write them down because then when I’m out of ideas I can use them to create a full story. You could create a dream journal and it could transform into a magical place of dreams.
That’s all I have for you! See ya next week, bye! ❤