Hey lovely’s! Today’s post is tips to help you plan your future. Before this intro get’s as long as yesterdays let’s get started with the post.
- Let go of the past.
- Before you can move on with your life and plan your future you need to forget the past because it’s in the past and you can’t change it.
- Make a list of the things you want.
- It sounds basic but in order to figure out what you actually want, you need to create a list of the things you think you want. For me this meant creating a mental list but for you this could mean sitting down with a pen and a piece of paper and writing out the things you want in life.
- Set a goal.
- For me this meant envisioning myself in ten years and when I did that I decided that in ten years I wanted to be living in Washington DC working as a journalist. I would suggest you look into your future like I did and think about your life in five or ten years and where you want to be and what you want to be doing.
- Take small steps.
- For me this meant signing up for high school classes that relate to my future career like journalism, creative writing, and AP human geography. For you, this means taking baby steps toward your goal. When you set a goal it can be very overwhelming so it’s important that you make small goals within your goal and before you know it you’ll be at your dream job, living in your dream house, driving your dream car.
- Be patient.
- It is not going to happen right away. It takes times for you to accomplish your goals so do get discouraged if it doesn’t happen right away.
- Obviously you shouldn’t just sit on the couch and wait for someone to call you about your dream job because that’s not going to happen. You should still live your life but what you want in your future should influence most of your decisions.
Thanks so much for checking out this post! Don’t forget to check me out on Instagram @krista.nicole.m and on Twitter @kristanicole13 and follow this blog! See you lovely’s tomorrow in my next post! Bye! ❤