Hey lovely’s! Today’s post is about how to beat your bully, no I am not training you how to fight your bully but how to beat your bully by other tactics that will work a lot better than punching or fighting them.
DISCLAIMER: If you are being bullied to the point where you feel as though it is never going to end or if you are being physically harmed you should tell a trusted adult right away. Bullying is never okay and no one should ever have to experience bullying but unfortunately in our society with social media running our lives it’s become easier and easier for people to leave an anonymous rude or mean message on someone’s profile, picture or post. If you want to read the article I wrote on Cyberbullying click here.
- Ignore Them
- Bullies are looking for a response so if you ignore them and don’t feed into the bullying they will get bored with you and move on. Many times people who become bullies are experiences difficulties at home or in another area of their life so they will project their own insecurities onto you. Sometimes ignoring a bully will only make them more irritated with you and they will only amp up the bullying to get a reaction out of you. This would be the time when you should consult a trusted adult and tell them about your situation so they can help you out of it.
- Avoid Getting Upset or Angry
- Just like ignoring them, avoid getting upset and angry and it will irritate the bully into moving on to someone else because like I said they are looking for a reaction and if you react by getting angry or threatening the bully the same way they are threatening you it will only make them more satisfied with the outcome because that’s the reaction they were hoping for.
- Don’t Be Afraid
- Fear is a bullies greatest weapon and if you show that you are afraid they will only retaliate against you more and cause you more physical or emotional pain.
- Learn Your Rights
- You are a person and even if a bully makes you feel like your less than everyone else you should know that you are strong and brave and that you have rights. You have the right to stand up to your bully by doing the things listed above or telling a teacher or another trusted adult about your situation.
MORE: Living With Anxiety
Thanks so much for checking out this post, I hope that you enjoyed and learned ways to defend yourself against a bully. I’m sorry that the post wasn’t long but the four tips I gave were based on my personal experiences. I was bullied through first and second grade and then again in fourth grade. I think that bullying is a very real issue especially with social media being so popular because you can literally leave any message you want and make it anonymous and get away with it. I wish that during the time I was being bullied I had someone who would have told me these tips when I was being bullied. If you want to see a post on my bullying story please let me know by liking this post and leaving a comment about what other post you would like to see from me. Remember that my new posting schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with the occasional surprise post so be sure to follow this blog so you get notified when I publish a new post. Also, I have another blog called Generation Journalism where I publish articles relating to national and global events, if you want to check it out click here. While your at it don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @krista.nicole.m and on Twitter @kristanicole13. By the way I’m thinking of changing the xoxo thing at the end of my post, let me know what you think in the comments down below. I’m finally getting back into a normal schedule so you can expect regular post from me and I won’t be missing anymore days of blogging. See you lovely’s in my post! Bye! ❤